Volume V in GMT’s COIN Series takes us back to the struggle of the American Patriots against their parent British government. A unique multi-faction treatment of the American Revolution, Liberty or Death: The American Insurrection will take 1 to 4 players between lines of clashing red and blue infantry, Indian raids, European politics, British control of the seas, French intervention, and the propaganda war.
Building off the good works of COIN Series Creator Volko Ruhnke and Series Designers Jeff Grossman, Brian Train, Mark Herman, and Andrew Ruhnke Designer Harold Buchanan applies his knowledge of the American Revolutionary period to take a new look at the struggle that built a nation. COIN Series Developer Mike Bertucelli continues his work on this project and Volko Ruhnke is an active advisor.
Liberty or Death: The American Insurrection features the same card-assisted counterinsurgency game system as GMT's Andean Abyss, Cuba Libre, A Distant Plain, Fire in the Lake and Gallic War with a set of twists that take the COIN Series to the 18th Century, including:
- Brilliant Strokes that trump initiative (Led by leaders like Washington, Rochambeau, Clinton and Joseph Brant)
- Irregular troops (Patriot Militia and Indian War Parties)
- Regular troops (British and French Regulars and Patriot Continentals) for battles and skirmishes with line infantry
- Rabble Rousing, Skirmishing, Tories, variable French entry, and Indian Raids
- Variable impact of naval commitments between the British and French
- French blockades to confound British plans
- French financing options to feed the Patriot’s war effort
- A large deck of 110 + cards for great play variety
- Short, medium, and long-length scenarios with period-event or random options.